Nikon today released version 1.1.0 of Capture NX-D, both a feature addition and bug fix release. The new features are:
- Support for the D5500 (and various recent Coolpix)
- Those asking for the ability to continue editing a file they once edited with NX2 can now edit items in the Develop section of NX2 with NX-D.
- A Flare Control option is added to Camera and Lens Corrections, specifically for the type of flare the 300mm f/4E produces.
- Revert to Last Saved option has been added, as has a launch Camera Control Pro 2 option.
- Support for Macintosh OS X version 10.10.1 was added (however support for version 10.7.5 was dropped).
A number of bug fixes were also applied:
- Fringing seen in images with Distortion Control applied has been removed.
- A crash when Noise Reduction was applied has been fixed.
- The icon representing whether an image has been edited or not is now properly displayed for pre Picture Control cameras.
- Quick Adjust settings that were forgotten on save are now remembered.
- JPEG and TIFF images can no longer pick an errant raw noise reduction method.
- Issues with the My Pictures folder on Windows have been resolved.
- File names are properly preserved now in Windows when using Convert Files.