You can ask me to send you a new link to the download via email. I need the name and email address your order was placed from to do this.
But be patient. I have to connect to a secure server, look up your account, and then refresh the link. The bad news is that I can’t always do this in a timely fashion. I won’t log into that server from anything but my office Internet connection from a known-secure machine, so if I’m out traveling or on assignment, it might take awhile before I get to your request. Also, I take the month of August off from the Internet each year, which means not responding to emails, too. So again, be patient. You’ll eventually get a new link code in your email.
To keep from having to ask for a new link, just make sure you actually download the original file to your computer:
- Complete purchase in your browser.
- Wait for the email to come with your download link.
- Download the file to your computer.
- Save the downloaded file somewhere safe.
- Sync your iPad (or other device) with your computer via iTunes.
- Once Step 5 finishes backing up your files but before disconnecting the iPad, select your iPad device and open the Apps tab for it in iTunes (Apps oval on top gray bar).
- In the File Sharing area towards the bottom of the page, select the app you use to read PDFs with (on an iPad I suggest Goodreader, but iBooks works just fine on an iPad).
- In the Documents box that appears to the right of the File Sharing app list, click Add.
- Navigate to where you saved the file in Step 3, select the file, and click Open.
- Resync your device.