Thom Hogan's Complete Guide to the Nikon D7200 helps you understand and master the use of the Nikon D7200 DSLR. With over 900 pages of detailed, complete, and useful information, you'll find all your questions about the camera and how to use it answered.
Available for download at US$29.99
This book (supplied as an eBook PDF file) contains everything you'd want to know about the D7200 and how to use it. You'll find deep explanations with more examples and suggestions than in previous and other guides, all in the no-nonsense and understandable writing style for which Thom Hogan has become famous. No matter how well you think you know the D7200, you'll find things in this book that you didn't know about it. That's why it's called a "complete guide."
What's covered? Autofocus, metering, video, card selection and use, lenses, image quality, use of your smartphone with the camera...basically everything there is to know about the D7200.
The PDF file is fully cross-referenced and bookmarked. byThom supports use of the PDF file on Windows computers, Macintosh computers, Apple iPads, plus Nook and Kindle readers. (There's no reason it won't work on smartphones or other tablets, but we don't have the resources to check and support every instance of every PDF reader in existence. Note also that on the smallest Kindles, page margins and Amazon's PDF support can make the type smaller than some people like; try orienting the page horizontally, where Amazon gets the margins right.)
The Complete Guide to the Nikon D7200 is a must-own for any D7200 user. There simply isn't any other work out there that comes close to touching the detail, usefulness, or completeness of this work. The work can only be purchased from this site.
- Organized to help you learn. With distinct sections for what you need to know before using the camera (background and setup), while using the camera (shooting features), and after using the camera (what to do with your images). Video is covered in a separate section, too.
- A complete instruction manual and an introduction to relevant digital issues in one book. Thom Hogan's Complete Guide to the Nikon D7200 manages to not only fully describe every feature of the D7200 in clear, easy-to-understand language, but gives you rich, technical background for many of the critical issues that confront digital camera users.
- Nikon flash and autofocus modes explained in plain English! Wonder how i-TTL flash works? Can't figure out Dynamic autofocus, Release Priority, Focus Priority, 3D autofocus mode, and a host of other terms used to describe features of the focusing system? Thom Hogan's Complete Guide to the Nikon D7200 explains these terms and accompanying techniques in the same simple, no-nonsense language that made his Nikon Field Guide a best seller. Includes instructions for the SB-500, SB-700, and SB-900/SB-910, including for wireless use.
- Wireless coverage: The eBook covers the built-in wireless transmitter and the use of the Nikon WMU app.
What do readers think?
- “Loved your Nikon 7200 book, plainly the best I've ever seen.”
- “Very comprehensive and informative.”
- “I dithered about spending the $30. Stupid me. Your book is wonderful.”
- “Worth the purchase price.”
- “Extremely well-written and organized.”
- “Delighted with the purchase."
Current version: 1.0
Known errata to be fixed in version 1.01:
- The section on Trap Autofocus is incorrect. Enable trap autofocus by setting CSM #A2 to Focus, CSM#A4 to AF-ON only, CSM#F4 to AF-On, Autofocus mode to AF S (single servo), and autofocus area mode to Single point. Use the rear button to establish focus on a point. Reframe with focus point where you want focus to be “trapped.” Hold down the shutter release. When an object is in focus under that focus point, the camera will take a photo.
- There was an errant reference to FX that should have been DX.
eReader and iPad users: the PDF files have been tested only on the B&N Nook Color, the Kindle 3 and Kindle Fire, and the iPad (2 and 3 and Mini) using the Adobe Acrobat Reader application. Other devices are not supported (though they may be able to use the files). Kindle users should read my PDF FAQ pages, as Amazon's direct PDF support is limited mostly to reading (there are other options for Kindle Fire users). See this page for more information about what you can read my books on.
This product is only available from this Web site and only via download and revisions are only sent to valid purchasers.
Please don't support or encourage piracy and illegal copying.