- Like what you've got: stick with it. There's nothing particularly wrong with the D7000, though it does have a limited buffer, and many had issues with getting focus consistency.
- Dislike what you've got: You have three basic choices: (1) upgrade to the D7200, (2) upgrade to the pro DX body (D500); or (3) move up to FX.
Which should you do? Here's the simple guide:
- Choose #1 (D7200) if you're happy with what you've got but just want the latest and greatest. You’ll get better image quality, better video abilities, better autofocus, and a few extras.
- Choose #2 (D500) if you're happy with what you've got in terms of camera but want to update your equipment and get the best possible body quality and performance.
- Choose #3 (move up to FX, most likely the D610 or D750) if you're now serious enough that only the best possible image quality will do for your next camera. Be prepared to have to upgrade your lens set, too, though, especially at the wide angle end.