This site covers Canon and Nikon DSLRs and related products and is updated nearly daily. Mirrorless cameras are covered on sansmirror.com, which is also updated nearly daily.
Tuesday — January 14, 2020
- More Ask Thom Questions Answered — 1/4000, Polarizers, XQD, CFexpress
- More on the Nikon D780 — More discussion of the new camera
Thursday — January 9, 2020
- Nikon Announcement Feedback — What I'm hearing about Nikon's new products
Tuesday — January 7, 2020
- The DSLR Cash Cow is Alive For How Long? — Canon and Nikon just tipped their hands
Monday — January 6, 2020
- The Canon 1DX Goes Mark III — Canon's flagship DSLR got its update
- Canon 1DX Mark III Data Page — All the specifications of the new camera
- The Nikon D780 is Announced — Nikon updates its best seller
- Nikon D780 Data Page — All the specifications of the new camera
As usual with significant new camera announcements, I'll likely have more to say in the next few days, and will be updating the specifications pages with any new information I find.
Friday — January 3, 2020
- Can a Better DSLR Exist — The answer is "yes", and Thom describes how
Thursday — January 2, 2020
- Pardon Me While I Yawn — Will you be excited by 2020's offerings?
Wednesday — January 1, 2020
- Camera Company New Year Resolutions — Thom offers some advice for everyone
- Odd Things Were Written — How to read some of the things recently written elsewhere
- 2019, Good Enough Won — That might not have been what you wanted, though
This site has over a thousand pages of useful information about DSLRs, including:
Over 50 thorough and thoughtful reviews of recent Nikon DSLR cameras and lenses by technologist and photographer Thom Hogan.
But there’s much, much more on this site:
- Articles and essays of interest to Canon and Nikon DSLR users
- Camera database with full feature sets of every current and older Nikon DSLR, and most recent Canon DSLRs
- Lens database with full feature sets of every F-mount lens, and recent EF mount lenses
- News and commentary about Canon and Nikon DSLR cameras
- News and commentary about software for photography
- Articles and essays on photography technique
- Thom’s eBooks on Nikon cameras
Don't be fooled by the simple look of this site: it's jam-packed with news, opinions, articles, reviews, information about cameras/lenses/flash/software, and much more.
That menu bar at the top is your guide. Note that all menu items are "containers" with links to help you navigate deeper (e.g. just click the menu heading itself—or maybe a sub-menu—and you'll get all the items below it as links on the page that appears (sometimes at the bottom of the page due to other information on that page). With well over a thousand pages on this site, there really isn't a better solution than a menu system: there's a heck of lot to organize here. Just remember that you can always use the site search options, including the sitemap.
Help me improve this site. If you find incorrect or incomplete information, a misspelled word, or even just something that confuses you a bit, be sure to let me know. Just fill out the form on the Contact page and let me know what you found.