This site covers Canon and Nikon DSLRs and related products and is updated nearly daily. Mirrorless cameras are covered on sansmirror.com, and also updated nearly daily.
Recent DSLRBodies articles (newest on top):
- Who is Your Curator? (Technique/Articles/Improve the Photographer)
- Learning from Others (Landscape Photographers) (Technique/Articles/Improve the Photographer)
- Adobe CC Pricing (Accessories/Software News)
- NAB 2019 (Nikon 2019 News/April)
- Canon EOS SL3 (DSLR Cameras/Current Canon DSLRs)
- Minimum Viable Product (Nikon 2019 News/April)
- The Coming 64-bit Wall (Accessories/Software Articles)
- Does Anyone Really Want a new DSLR? (Nikon 2019 News/April)
- Camera Classics (Nikon 2019 News/April)
- The Raw Fallacy (Accessories/Software Articles)
- Sony's New Sensor Technology (Nikon 2019 News/April)
- CIPA Press Conference on Camera Sales (Nikon 2019 News/April)
- What Would Thom Do? (2019 Edition) (Nikon 2019 News/March)
- (Updated) Apple Macintosh Recommendations (Accessories/Software)
- Chasing Gains (Nikon 2019 News/March)
- The State of Camera Sales (Nikon 2019 News/March)
- If I Were to Switch (DSLR Cameras/Camera Articles/What to Buy Guide)
- Is ISO fake? (DSLR Cameras/Image Sensors)
But there are over a thousand pages of useful information on this site, including:
Over 50 thorough and thoughtful reviews of recent Nikon DSLR cameras and lenses by technologist and photographer Thom Hogan.
But there’s much, much more on this site:
- Articles and essays of interest to Canon and Nikon DSLR users
- Camera database with full feature sets of every current and older Nikon DSLR, and most recent Canon DSLRs
- Lens database with full feature sets of every F-mount lens, and recent EF mount lenses
- News and commentary about Canon and Nikon DSLR cameras
- News and commentary about software for photography
- Articles and essays on photography technique
- Thom’s eBooks on Nikon cameras
Don't be fooled by the simple look of this site: it's jam-packed with news, opinions, articles, reviews, information about cameras/lenses/flash/software, and much more.
That menu bar at the top is your guide. Note that all menu items are "containers" with links to help you navigate deeper (e.g. just click the menu heading itself—or maybe a sub-menu—and you'll get all the items below it as links on the page that appears (sometimes at the bottom of the page due to other information on that page). With well over a thousand pages on this site, there really isn't a better solution than a menu system: there's a heck of lot to organize here. Just remember that you can always use the site search options, including the sitemap.
Help me improve this site. If you find incorrect or incomplete information, a misspelled word, or even just something that confuses you a bit, be sure to let me know. Just fill out the form on the Contact page and let me know what you found.