This site covers Canon and Nikon DSLRs and related products and is updated nearly daily. Mirrorless cameras are covered on sansmirror.com, which is also updated nearly daily.
Monday — June 22, 2020
- Nikon 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G DX Lens Review — Resurrected review from bythom
- Does Travel Damage Cameras? — Some advice on drops, bumps, and vibrations
Previously on dslrbodies...
Thursday — June 18, 2020
- Tokina 11-20mm f/2.8 CF — Third update of this popular lens
Monday — June 15, 2020
- What's the Holy Grail Image Sensor? — What will it take to make a perfect sensor?
Wednesday — June 10, 2020
- Who’s Still Buying DSLRs? — It’s down to three groups, each a different target
Wednesday — June 10, 2020
- Being Consistent — How much can you trust reviews and ratings?
Monday — June 8, 2020
- Suggested Software 2020 — My basic take on the core programs you should be using
- More Odd Things That Were Written — Don’t always believe what you read
- Second Digital Decade Bests & Worsts — A followup to my 2009 article
Monday — June 1, 2020
- Nikon’s Development Priorities — What products will we see in 2020 and 2021?
- Generic versus Specific — Time for a Product Management change of view
- Irix 15mm t/2.6 Cine — Another video adaptation of an existing lens
Friday — May 29, 2020
- Citius, Altius, Fortious Claims — Love the one you’re with...
Sunday — May 24, 2020
- Review of the Nikon D780 DSLR — Nikon mostly nailed this camera update
- Complete Guide to the Nikon D780 — My book for Nikon's new camera is now available
- The View Looking Forward — Will photography get over the virus?
Monday — May 18, 2020
- More Your Questions Answered — Thom tackles three more commonly asked questions
Older articles can be found in the News/Views archives.
This site has over a thousand pages of useful information about DSLRs, including:
Over 50 thorough and thoughtful reviews of recent Nikon DSLR cameras and lenses by technologist and photographer Thom Hogan.
But there’s much, much more on this site:
- Articles and essays of interest to Canon and Nikon DSLR users
- Camera database with full feature sets of every current and older Nikon DSLR, and most recent Canon DSLRs
- Lens database with full feature sets of every F-mount lens, and recent EF mount lenses
- News and commentary about Canon and Nikon DSLR cameras
- News and commentary about software for photography
- Articles and essays on photography technique
- Thom’s eBooks on Nikon cameras
Don't be fooled by the simple look of this site: it's jam-packed with news, opinions, articles, reviews, information about cameras/lenses/flash/software, and much more.
That menu bar at the top is your guide. Note that all menu items are "containers" with links to help you navigate deeper (e.g. just click the menu heading itself—or maybe a sub-menu—and you'll get all the items below it as links on the page that appears (sometimes at the bottom of the page due to other information on that page). With well over a thousand pages on this site, there really isn't a better solution than a menu system: there's a heck of lot to organize here. Just remember that you can always use the site search options, including the sitemap.
Help me improve this site. If you find incorrect or incomplete information, a misspelled word, or even just something that confuses you a bit, be sure to let me know. Just fill out the form on the Contact page and let me know what you found.